Wait. Am I really blogging two days in a row? Wow!
The kitty’s surprised, but not as much as she will be once she sees she’s being stalked by a sheep!
Anyway, here’s another chili recipe – and since we love chili so much, it probably won’t be the last. This time I decided to go lighter on the tomato base and play up the beef aspect more. Again, I’ve said this many times, but I don’t really measure for these types of dishes so everything below is a rough estimate and it’s meant to be a base from which to jump off of and make your own creation. And it’s FODMAP friendly - no onion and garlic-infused olive oil instead of pieces of garlic.
Beef Chili with Beans
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cans of beans (I used borlotti)
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1-2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- dash of Worcestershire sauce
- dash of hot sauce
- dash of whiskey (this time I used Bushmills Irish Whiskey)
- 2-4 cups of beef broth
- salt/pepper to taste
- heat the olive oil and add the celery, sauté for a couple minutes, stirring frequently
- add beef and season with salt and pepper and cook through
- add beans and tomatoes
- add all seasonings (herbs, spices, and sauces) and stir
- add broth and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover and let simmer for 30-60 minutes
- server over boiled rice
Sorry, these photos aren’t great cause I used my phone and the camera on it has seen better days!