I just haven’t been in the blogging mood these days. With so much going on from travel, to class work, hosting New Years Eve, being away for Christmas, and more it’s just not something I’ve been feeling. But I do feel badly and I had amassed a handful of recipes/post ideas from the last couple months. So, I decided to share with you a quick and easy tortellini soup recipe that I was inspired to make from the Inquiring Chef.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- 1-quart chicken broth
- 6 oz. fresh or frozen tortellini
- 14 oz. canned diced tomatoes with herbs (include juice, don’t drain)
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 8 – 10 leaves of basil, rolled up and sliced into ribbons
- Fresh thin slices of Parmesan chees
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Melt the butter and heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the tomatoes and zucchini and cook till just starting to get tender. Add in tortellini and cook until done (they’ll float as soon as they’re done).
- Stir in the basil and cook just 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve and sprinkled with the thin slices from a block of Parmigiano Reggiano.
Hopefully this will warm you right up with these cold winter days!