For a while I’d been seeing a lot of food bloggers doing some variation on baked chicken, and it was really making me crave baked chicken. I’m easily swayed that way. So, when Megan from Cooking Whims did a Honey Baked Chicken, that recipe motivated me to finally make baked chicken myself. I did modify the recipe she did a bit. It came out pretty darn good, and finally my craving was satiated.
Maple Syrup Baked Chicken
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ cup high quality maple syrup (I used Dragonfly Sugarworks which we get from a place in Vermont- they also ship!)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- In a bowl, whisk together the syrup, lemon juice, chili powder, red pepper flakes, and mustard.
- Season chicken with salt/pepper.
- Place chicken in bowl of syrup mixture (if you have time let marinate for 30 min, if not this can be done without marinating).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9×9 baking dish and place chicken in a single layer and pour any remaining liquid onto the chicken.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until chicken is done.
This can all be done without the chili powder and red pepper flakes, although even with them it wasn’t particularly spicy. But you can replace with other herbs/seasonings such as dried parsley or rosemary would work really well.
For some reason I blanked on taking pictures when I made this. I did manage to get a sad little photo of the final product. Sorry!
What do you do when you have a food craving? Do yours last days, even weeks, until you finally do something about it? Or do you crave and move on?