These make a great side dish or a great appetizer/snack. I have to admit, I accidentally sat on this post a bit too long. I wrote it and then forgot to post it. Anyway, I made these for dinner one night and they were so easy and good, that I made E. stop the Game of Thrones episode we were watching to make another batch to snack on while we watched all the awesomeness that is our latest TV obsession.
Baked Zucchini Sticks
- 2 large zucchini
- 2 cups Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 large Ziplock bag
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut zucchini into strips. You can start by cutting each zucchini in half across the short way. Then cut those halves into strips length-wise.
- Combine bread crumbs and grated Parmesan into the Ziplock bag
- Beat the two eggs in a medium sized bowl
- Using tongs dip zucchini sticks into the egg then into the bread crumbs mix, mixing them up to cover well (do about 4-6 sticks at a time)
- Place breaded sticks onto a baking sheet (I lined it with parchment paper for easy cleanup)
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until breading is browned and zucchini strips are done
Are any of you Game of Thrones fans? If not, no worries, the zucchini sticks go well with any TV watching of your choice.