As promised, I’m bringing a fun cocktail concoction to you on this Happy Hump Day, and for each to come for the rest of December. Make this drink tonight for a mid-week relaxation session or save it for this weekend so you can have a few more.
This first cocktail comes courtesy of Rachael Ray…without any obnoxious “yumm-o’s”…I’m talkin’ about a refreshing Sparkling Cinnamon Punch.
The recipe calls for enough to serve 20 people as a punch. But since it was just E. and I making these we cut the recipe down to have two glasses each.
- 1 cup Gin
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 3-4 large lemons)
- simple syrup (simmer 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat)
- 1 cup Champagne
- dash of cinnamon
- Make the simple syrup (takes less than 5 minutes)
- Put the syrup into a bowl or a pitcher
- Then add the gin and lemon juice
- Pour the Champagne in last then pour over ice (we use the large cubes, which can be made using specialty ice cube trays easily purchased from Amazon for like $8)
- Then sprinkle a dash of cinnamon and stir into the drink
And then lastly…enjoy!
On Friday I have another Winter Weekend Warmer coming your way! So, if you’re planning to stay in this weekend combine the Sparkling Cinnamon Punch with Friday’s comfort food recipe and you’ll have a warm, cozy, and delicious time. I promise!